miércoles, 19 de marzo de 2008

Dreams to Reality

I decided to travel back to Madrid, Spain during my college's spring break in order to personally visit the TEFL and CELTA facilities that I had been researching over the past 4-plus months. I have heard, read, and now experienced that you can make a big impression if you physically show up at a company's doorstep as opposed to just touching base from an ocean and continent over via email. And doing so definitely worked in my favor!!

I have since applied and been accepted into a TEFL certification program that I will begin in early September. That's exciting, but the even crazier news is that I was in the right place at the right time and was offered a job *in Spain* for the summer!! The friend I have been doing a language exchange with for the past year (as well as the person I stayed with while visiting over the break) ---- his roommate is the director of a summer language camp. This is another bit of proof that physically being in the place you wish to work is the way to go! A few emails went back and forth, a request for my résumé, and I was hired!

Needless to say, I'm thrilled!!!!!!!!

I will continue to share as much information as I can as I venture back to Madrid in late June. All of these opportunities truly are "dreams-come-true" for my life after college!

:-)

1 comentario:

El Muñeco de Oro dijo...

Hey Katie...

So, you are in... ? What's the news?

Let's see.... we were in the same boat until your last post... which happened months ago. Now I am here in Spain, but in that other boat most people try not to jump into! Hehe

Now you are.... successful? How is it all going for you? I'm interested.

Oh yeah, check out my music. Maybe someday you can come to a show and teach me English:

http://www.soundcloud.com/thefamily

(Site says Granada, but that's our dream. We in Barcelona).